My mom and I made peach jam today. I had a 32 lb. box of peaches and at 1 p.m. today I decided to make jam. So I called my mom up to see if she could come help me. Needless to say she said "yes" and ran over. She is truely an amazing mom and I don't know how I can even measure up to her. So 3 hours later, many dirty pots, stinky floor, lots and lots of sugar, and 30 pint jars later we were done. Thank you mom for everything you do for me and for always being such a great example to me. Someday I hope to be just like you.Love you.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
We be Jammin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
11 comments:
Such a fun afternoon with Grandma Jo. I love your mom, too. She is one of a kind. The jam looks delicious!!!
Yum!! I love making jam! Never tried peach jam though. Jo is the best! What a fun, spontaneous day!
you go girl!!! i've never made jam a day in my life! gosh, should i be embarrased to admit that!??
You can't beat homemade jam, especially when you get it make it with your MOM! Although I could do without the canning mess!!
OHHHHHH! I love peach jam! More importantly, I love making jam. I'm waiting for my Utah peaches to get here so I can jam it up! So much fun! You and your mom look so great and it looks like you had a great time. You're so very lucky!
OMG that looks so good! I wish I could do that kind of stuff. Im not much of a housewife yet :)
Oh my goodness girl, SERIOUSLY! I cannot believe that you accomplished such an amazing task. I bought a box of peaches, and woosed out, and just ate them. WOW, your mom really is amazing. want to share?
I was thinking it was time to start jamming, maybe when it cools down I will make some- will your mom be available in about a month?j/k Love moms comming to the rescue- mine does a lot!!
That jam DOES look good!
What a sweet post! Your mom is awesome to come over like that! I wish I lived closer to mine!
I love, love your mom. She is lookin so good. I didnt realize you were such a chef. That jam looks so yummy. Way to go. Send some my way!!!!
Nancy...I came across your blog. SOO fun to see you and your cute family! You look awesome! You have 5 kids? Good for you!!! How do you do it? I have 3 and they keep me more then busy. You're a trooper! Your jam-making-day looks like fun! I have been a canning fool the past 6 weeks too! I have been teaching myself. It is a lot of work but rewarding and sorta fun too. I will have to post some pics. of my stuff on my blog. Tell your wonderful Mom HELLO from me. I love that woman. Seriously, I think about you and her all the time and miss both of you! Take care. Lindsay
Post a Comment