Well if you can't tell I went to our Stakes girls camp. We left on Tuesday May 27th and returned on Friday May 30. Our stake went to Camp Lo Mia in Pine. I had so much fun and this was my 3rd year to go, but my first year to actually get to stay for the whole time. I was one of the cooks. I have never laughed so hard in my laugh. There was 10 of us cooks and we had so much fun together. We cooked for about 270 people per meal and it was very exhausting. The only thing that kept me going was these amazing women. As you can tell I still managed to have a Diet Coke in hand at all time.The funny thing was that about 7 of us had the same love of Diet Coke so we understood each other on that level. I want to give a big thanks to all my friends and family who would check on Bret or who would watch the kids while I was gone. But I want to give a huge Thanks to my wonderful husband who watched the kids so that I could go. I felt it was very selfish of me to go up to girls camp, but at the same time it was just what I needed and so having said that I just want him to know how much it meant to me and that I am thankful for him. Love ya Babe.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Girls Camp Rocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
10 comments:
My picky daughter thought the food was fabulous...especially the nachos. Thanks!!!!
Girls camp ROCKED!!! I had so much fun with you Nancy - I LOVE you!!!!!!!
girls camp was really fun, i agree it did ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks and sounds like tons of fun! The first thing I noticed when I saw the pic. was the diet coke in your hand! That's hilarious!
AHHH Girls camp soo fun! Way to go Bret, we are all very impressed! 5 KIDS...he is like a SUPER DAD!! Glad you got time away...that is always fun to be something besides a "MOM" all the time!
I loved being at camp with you and getting to know you. And what a small world it is. I don't know how I could have gotten through it without all the great women and YOUR 'sonic' ice and styrofoam cups. You're just amazing nancy!
Nancy, The ICE KING, what can I say. You were a blast to cook with and laugh with and cry with. I loved your neverending enthusiasm and great working spirit. It made this humongous task so much fun to have you there!
Cooking for 270 people, NO WAY!!! I can't even imagine how that would work, and there was only 10 of you. WHAT!!! I can barely handle the 6 people in my house. WOW!! Good Job!
i think that would have been a FUN calling and i dont even like to cook...girls camp is so fun!
OKay-- I forgot how spoiled AZ girls are for Girls Camp- We camp in tents up here.... sucks a mean one! I get to go next month wooo-hoo :) No, I am excited just not the camping part
Post a Comment