Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Family Vacation

Oceanside,California

That is where we have been hiding for the last little bit. Every year my entire family go to California for a vacation and some cousin time.I took so many pictures and had so much fun. However Bret couldn't go due to school and work. So that left me with 5 kids ages 2,2,4,6,8. It was totally exhausting and crazy, but all in all we had a great time. I brought along with me my babysitter Carly who is like a 2nd mother to the twins. So having her was very helpful.






















Where is Corbin........Oh he is the one getting buried in the sand by his Uncle Spencer with the PINK floaties. My mom got them for him so we could pick him out of all the other kids. And yes it worked.













So I took the 3 older kids to Legoland for the day. We had so much fun. My mom,dad, and sister-in-law Jenny watched the twins for me(Thanks:). We rode on all the rides and Corbin road on his first roller coaster. I have never laughed so hard.
















It's a good thing Corbin doesn't have his license yet. He got in a little fender bender.




















So I am not usually one of those who lets the kids get there faces painted, cause I find it to be a little to messy. However I decided I needed to let them have as much fun as possible and get whatever they wanted. Sam and Emma got the swan's,Corbin got spider-man(just in case you couldn't tell), and my niece Annelise got a pink cat. Wouldn't ya know that Corbin started crying about 45 minutes after we got his painted and so his started to smear. Of course I thought it was so funny so I had to take a picture

One night all the ADULTS got to go out to dinner. We went to a mexican restaurant called "El Indigo" that was in San Diego. My brother Spencer found it by watching the Food Network Channel(yes Spencer watches it,but he likes to find all the good places to eat). I say YAY Spencer.

THE AMAZING SINGLETON RACE 2008

So let me explain what this is. My mom about 3 years ago had us all go on an amazing singleton race in California. It is were your own family pile into your car and you get a clue. You then all race to get to that place so that you can get the next clue. Anyways 3 years ago Jeff and Sara won(but if you asked Spencer and Jenny they really won it). So this year Jeff and Sara hosted the 2nd Amazing Singleton Race. So we went all over getting clues(or lost if you were in my car). It was so fun. We ate at a bakery,got a root beer float, saw some historical site, and ended in La Jolla California for the night. Where later on that evening we all got together for dinner at Hard Rock Cafe and Jeff and Sara gave out the awards. So here they are: Spencer and Jenny got 1st, My parents, Quinnelly and Zane(Q and Zane road with them since there parents were in charge) got 2nd, my sister Lisa and Doug got 3rd, and yep you guessed it.... Me and the kids got last(4th). But we still had fun. I found it really hard to have 5 kids in a car while trying find the next clue, then reading a map, then calling to tell them you are lost, then reading the map again, then getting on the wrong freeway, then reading the map, then getting all the kids under control, then reading a map again. Wow it was hard, but we did survive and we are determined to get better.

I really need to thank all my family for helping me with my kids. I truly couldn't have done it with out them. My brothers and there wives took the kids boogie boarding(since I have a fear of sharks),my mom and dad had sleep overs at there condo, Carly helped supervise with the swimming and not letting anyone drown. I love my family and I am very thankful to have them in my life. Thanks again. I also want to say how much we missed my brother Robert,Amy,Courtney,Tate, and Danica this year. Oh yeah and we totally missed my husband Bret.Maybe if they came I wouldn't of been in last place. Yay right.

15 comments:

barbafamily said...

What a fantastic vacation! I love all the pictures - it sounds like your family does some pretty fun stuff! I love the amazing race...I think I would have wanted to be in your car - it would have been the funnest even if you did come in last :-). Love you guys!

nannyjai said...

can't I just be adopted by your family? Find me a cousin to marry sista!

Elisha said...

I've been waiting for this post!!! What a blast! OK, and the floaty thing, such a good idea. I'll have to remember that one! Your family seems so much fun! I LOVE the Amazing Race, what a fun trip!

OH, and Corbin looks too comfortable behind the wheel!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't mention how much you missed having Bret there.

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

Looks like you guys had a total blast! I have never been to legoland but i hear its a happenin place!
p.s. your husband stopped by our nursery on sunday and gave us some of your brownies...wow those things are delicious!!!

Amy Amerson said...

tht looks like so much fun and carly keeps bragging!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't Calif. too wonderful in the summer? I'm still trying to adjust to being back in the heat. Loved all your pics. Your whole family is awesome and I love that you all get so excited about the Amazing Race! Plus your kids are so-o-o-o-o cute and you are a great Mom.

Carly said...

i was waiting for you to post the pictures because even though i was their i didn't get to see the pictures you sent!!!

The Naegle's said...

Such a fun vacay! You guys know how to party! I love the amazing race idea, that is such a fun idea. Bret missed out, poor guy stuck at home in this heat and summer school?? bummer!

Kayleen said...

Isn't oceanside Fun! It looks like you stayed busy. I have to say you are quite the trooper for handling all the kids. . . way to go!

gina said...

oh the beach, how I want to be there. We always go in the summer, but are skipping this year to go to Florida later. Great pictures of your fam, looks like a blast. You are my hero, i rarely even go to Costco alone with my 2 boys...lol

sls said...

hey nancy,
your pictures are cute, i have some really cute some good ones of the race too. you get the total effort prize for bringing all of your kids. i didn't know they all got their faces painted at lego land. i'm bummed i missed that, i was getting splashed with shamu poo water. cute blog!

Anonymous said...

I want to go back to Cali! I still can't believe you went by yourself with 5 kids! Wonder woman! It was fun to see you at the shops. I always love to see your cute kids. Jo was telling us about the amazing race thing. SO, so fun! I totally saw El Indigo on the food network and wanted to go eat there but there was no time. Next year for sure!!

Kyle said...

I love the Amazing Race...what a fun idea to do that as a family activity!
Looks like a fun vacation!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

YEa- We love Oceanside- I still remember running into you guys down there! What a fun Family Vacation :) Woohoo, we love the beach too.
luvs
jodi