Seriously- This is so awful. That is a basketball in our grass and as you can tell we haven't cut our grass in some time.
We have a large back yard. It has grass, a lot of grass, and when we were buying this house we loved the idea of having a large back yard with tons of grass. The only thing is we didn't think about all the other issues with having a lot of grass. Like watering it(you should see our water bill), and the other issue is having to mow it. Bret doesn't mind it but he just doesn't have the time.
So we have our wonderful neighbor Christian come and cut it every week or 2. He uses his dads lawn mower and it rocks. I told him that all he needed was a COWBOY HAT. Then I laughed and he just looked at me. I asked him if he had ever heard of the movie "Can't buy me love",and he said he had never heard of it. WHAT? How old am I? Don't answer that. So I told him all about it, and I think he thinks I am a total freak. But I have known him since he was about 7 and so he knows that I am a good freak.

So I told him that it would be in his best interest to buy a cowboy hat for all the teenage girls. He just got this big embarrassing grin. Then I thought to myself 'like any of those girls would even get it'.

Anyways this is the finishing result and you can actually walk through it and not get lost. Thanks Cowboy Christian
8 comments:
I LOVE Can't Buy Me Love...I've had a crush on Patrick Dempsey since that movie :)
Nancy...you are just adorable! Love this post! And, I love that movie! Isn't it funny when someone makes you feel old?!?!? I still feel like I'm 18 years old in my mind and then something like this happens and I'm brought back to reality :-)
Gotta love them cowboys! I know I do!! the cowboy hat is just the icing!
I was trying to remember the name of that movie recently, because we were in Tucson at some of the places it was filmed. I wanted to rent it for my kids to see...lol. Love freshed mowed grass, especially when someone else does it. Lance has been out of town and ours got a little crazy last week.
Haha. . . yeah. I am in love with cowboys. I have lots of friends who are too. Tell Christian that girls love cowboys.
Alexa
Did you find your dog? haha So that was totally one of my favs as a girl! I just realized that was Patrick Dempsey! No wounder he's looked familiar all this time!
I am seriously behind in the whol blogging thing. First of all A BOAT! That Rocks! That would make for some seriously fun family times. Sam is so cute with her ears pierced. We have been through all of those same thoughts on the big grassy backyard. I promise i am going to be a better blogger from now on.
Our lawnmower broke and that is soo what our yard looked like a few weeks back... yikes! You totally need to come over and we can play with photoshop.. I'll show ya what I know.. just call me!!
Post a Comment