Breast Cancer Walk.....
As many of you know, my wonderful and amazing mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago. So every year me and my sister-in-laws along with Kenon(mother-in-law) do the American Cancer Society "breast cancer walk". This was our 2nd year to do the 3 mile walk and it is something that I look forward to and one of my favorite traditions. This year was really special because of the fact of me donating 13 inches of my hair and then seeing all the women that are going through chemo and how they are either bald or have a wig on or have there new hair coming in. It also was a real good feeling knowing that my mother-in-law beat the odds and is a true survivor and lives her life in a Christ like way. Showing us how important life and family are. Thank you Kenon for always being an amazing example. We love you.
In the picture it is Karen,Lisa,Kenon,Me, & Denice.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Breast Cancer Walk
Another tradition..............
Another fun tradition we do is go out for breakfast/lunch(Lisa knows what I am talking about-Rueben) at "Crackers". One of my favorite places in the world. We have such a fun relaxing time with the the girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Way to go Girls! The Walk & the Breakfast...wonderful times together! I love the picture of you all together. Kenon, I agree with Nancy...you are an amazing and inspiring lady! I had surgery last Tues. saying good-bye to the uterus, ovaries, & fallopian tubes that served me so well...7 children. Now they will not get a chance to do me wrong. Keep making those wonderful memories together! Aunt Verla
Way to go! I love it when women unite! We are so powerful that we sometimes don't know it! That's awesome that your mother-in-law beat the odds! You guys are awesome! Love ya!
What an awesome tradition! Such a great cause. I'm glad Bret's mom is doing well and is healthy. Scary thing to have to go through I'm sure. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!
Good for you girls to support such a great cause. That's great that Bret's mom beat the odds!! Love the Cracker's tradition. I can taste the Blackberry Bread Pudding - mmmmm!
that's awesome that you do this each year!!! what a great tradition!
Post a Comment