Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Money, Money, Money

K so Sam and Emma came up to me the other day and said they wanted to earn there own money for California this year so that they could buy whatever they wanted. I thought to myself 'This is great'. I think this is a great learning opportunity for these two to learn about the value of a dollar(I know I sound old). So over the weekend they decided they wanted to have a sale. So Sam and her good friend sold gatorade and then the next day Emma and Sam sold Homemade chocolate chip cookies. It was so funny and cute. The girls did a really good job and ended up clearing about $13 each. WOW! I was thinking they would get like $3, but the gatorade and cookies must have been better than I thought. :) We have such a great neighborhood that supports each other. So each of them came and bought something. I just want to say "Way to go Girls!" and I am very proud of you. The funny thing is that they think they can do this everyday, and so I had to break it to them that they couldn't and that they could do extra chores to earn money. I got a real big"uuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

These were our repeating customers. However Sam and Emma did make them pay there 25 cents. Dad didn't have a problem giving these 3 little ones a few quarters. I love things like this cause it reminds me of growing up and doing things like this with ALL MY NEIGHBORS and FRIENDS. Thanks for the memories 45th gals.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

You gotta love the "SALES" My kids still do them. I love the people that will stop and give them attention.

Shalice said...

I love that! It definatly brings back memories. I'll pay better attention next time I pass your street so I can contribute to the fund!

Elisha said...

How fun! I loved having cookie and punch sales when I was a kid! They are quite the sales "ladies"! That's some good cash! Let us know when the next one it, we'd love to come!

Brooke said...

What a cute thing to do. I remember trying to sell stuff in the hood all the time. Do you remember Troy always selling the blow pops. It was a fun neighborhood to grow up in. My dream is to be in a family neighborhood some day. Its hard here to find that.

AZ Hey-mon said...

Love the sales girls! and props for wanting to earn their own vacation dough.


My kids raided the snack cupboard this last fall to sell stuff... They sold to each other and ate it all.

A month or so ago Carter decided to have races around the block and charge the kids to race him and also to watch the races.

stephanie said...

Yes tay would totally love to get together for a MOVIE night or whatever--she loves sam!! hey are ya getting ready for our big skateland day??!?!?!?

barbafamily said...

SO cute! They are great sales ladies! They really racked in the bucks! Great job girls! And, I love that some of their best customers were Corbin, Mallory, and Audrey! Such a great post!

The Skousen's said...

Dang, I wish I knew I would have stocked up. I bet that was so fun for them.

Kyle said...

Hi Nancy...I was blog hoppin and found yours...not sure how. Yea for Emma and Sam for doing a sale...what a great idea. I think I will have my kids do the same thing :)
See you Wednesday!
Kyle

Heidi said...

How fun! You totally should have called, kylee would have loved to come by and buy some cookies and drink from them!!