Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter,Easter, & more Easter

What a fun Easter we had.


Me and my brother Robert rented a cabin in Payson for 4 days and took all of the 8 kids and had so much fun. This is us playing whiffle ball.
This is Sam,(Husky the dog), Emma, and my niece Courtney. We didn't know this dog. It belonged to one of the other cabins, but it liked the kids and the kids like it. They liked the dog so much that while they were making there own necklaces they made one for the dog and put it around it's neck.Love it.
This cabin was so family friendly. It had a tree house with tree swings. We had a hard time getting them off of them.
These are the DIVA'S Courtney and Sam.

This is Me and Mallory enjoying the porch swing while waiting for everyone to get back from riding the quads.
Here is what we call an Emma sandwich. If you look real close you can see Emma in between Sam and her dad. She just laughed the whole time.So while we were up there we also did a treasure hunt for the kids,then Rob,Amy, and Bret thought it would be funny to have a diet coke hunt instead of an Easter egg hunt for me. If you look close enough at the bird you will see a can of diet coke. Then we found this huge tree that had been blown down with it's roots and everything, so the kids called it the grandpa tree cause it was laying down. All it needed was the remote and it would be a spitting image of my dad. Then we found this cool stream and I had Robert take what we call a romantic shot of me and Bret(romantic cause there weren't any kids in it lol.). Luckily the Easter bunny found us and the kids did an Easter egg hunt outside and it was so fun.Yes that is my mom playing Guitar Hero on the Wii. My parents and nephew and niece came up just for a day, and we had so much fun with them. We taught my mom how to do Guitar Hero and the sad thing is she is way better than me.
AND THEN............................
We drove home,got clean and went to my mom and dads for dinner and another egg hunt. This is the kids waiting for the door to be let opened so they can go get the eggs.
I LOVE EASTER!

12 comments:

Heather said...

wow, what a fun Easter. That would be so fun to rent a cabin! I would love to do that sometime. Love the pic of you and Bret by the water.

Elisha said...

What a fun weekend! That is a great idea, I may have to steal that one! I laughed when I saw the picture of you on the swing with drink in hand!!! That'a girl! And then the diet coke & bird...love it!

Melanie and Will said...

How fun!!! I love the cabin idea!!!! Family fun doesn't get much better. Glad you had a good easter.

nannyjai said...

Nancy - SUPER CUTE! Oh and I love your hair!

Kyle said...

Looks like fun..that cabin looks awesome!

barbafamily said...

What a great Easter! Love the diet coke hunt! And, love that the kids called the tree the grandpa tree because it was laying down - that is precious! And, cute romantic picture of you and Bret :-) Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

what a fun easter! did some one say that already? we all must be jealous. how does it work only going with one brother? do the other brothers have better things to do,or were they not invited? maybe they don't live close by. i would love to do that with any of my brothers....maybe someday.
i love the romantic picture of you and bret. you guys are funny!

Cassie and Chad said...

Great pictures! I love the Diet coke hunt. What a great idea to go to a cabin, the picture of you and Brett...Very Cute, Funny!!!

Rushele said...

How fun!
Your kids are all so cute, and getting big so fast! Of course it probably only seems like it to me because we don't get to see you every Sunday anymore.
Hope you don't mind that I checked out your blog, I found it thru someone elses.
It's very cute too! I almost did this template recently, but changed my mind. I love it!

Unknown said...

You always have fun no matter what you do Nancy. And it's so addictive! What a fun Easter, and I love all the pictures!

Mistie said...

What a fun Easter! I'm sure that will be a new tradition you'll want to continue for many years. I would to go in with several families and buy a cabin to share. I'll definately be looking into the "renting the cabin" thing in the future (hate camping in tents, but cabins I can do!)

stephanie said...

that would be soo awesome to have easter at a cabin---note to self, great idea!! it looked beautiful there too, how fun!!